• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Respond.io : Create Contact

Steven

When I try and create a contact I keep getting this error message (see attached)

I have followed the instructions in always get API token it says it's successful when I connect it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220214-155018_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214-155018_Chrome.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 67

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steven

As we can see in your attachment you did not pass the correct entities in the respective fields of Email and Telephone number.

Kindly try passing the field type entity and then try again. Please find the attachment for the same.

2022-02-15_10h39_14.png

Steven

Sorry I'm confused it's asked for phone number and email and that's what I have mapped. The error message is with the API token?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steven

The error message is with the API token?
Regarding the error, could you please confirm that you have used Bearer as a prefix while passing the API key?

unnamed.png

And regarding the mapping which you have used is not the correct way. You need to map the relative data as per the fields respectively.

Eg -

Phone Number - 8745124785 (Map the test phone number label which contains numbers)

Email Address - [email protected] (Map the test email address label which contains proper email)

Steven

I don't quite understand what you mean by why the email and phone number the data coming from a webhook.

Steven

I have now added Bearer. But now getting a different message? See attached.

Phone number.
First name.
Last name.

All completed

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steven

We have tried the same action event in your workflow now and it is working. Please try again with the unique data in the fields.

2022-02-17_13h45_58.png

Steven

Nope still not working.

The data is coming from a webhook.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-170543_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-170543_Chrome.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 58

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steven

Kindly re-capture the webhook response once which contains all the required values in the correct format in real data. Since the mapped data is not appropriate in nature as we have already mentioned to you.

Eg -

Phone Number - 8745124785 (Map the test phone number label which contains numbers)

Email Address - [email protected] (Map the test email address label which contains proper email)

Please check out the following screenshot for a better understanding.

2022-02-18_10h39_33.png

Steven

Re did the webhook and still getting same issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220218-062645_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-062645_Chrome.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 59

Steven

Hi I'm still having issues with this? See attached photos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309-190105_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-190105_Chrome.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20220309-185955_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-185955_Chrome.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 66

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steven

It seems like you might have made the Email address required from your Repon.io account and perhaps because of that the action event is only working when you pass the email address with it.

So, kindly try passing the email address from your end.

2022-03-10_12h13_27.png

Steven

I haven't changed anything in respond.io

We do not want to obtain the email as this is an alias email that we do not want to save.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steven

The Respond.io API is not designed according to Pabbly's platform and their API sometimes doesn't allow to leave the fields(Custom fields) empty.

As we have tested their API at our end and it is not allowing to create a contact without passing the email address.

Further, regarding your concern please contact the Respond.io support team.

unnamed1.png

Steven

Spoke to Respond.io support team.

They said you are sending email field as blank but it needs to be removed if no email is submitted. See attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220314-063140_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220314-063140_WhatsApp.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 77